Wednesday, May 9, 2012

White Chicken Enchiladas

So two nights ago I cooked up this yummy recipe found on Pinterest! We didn't celebrate Cinco de Mayo so this was our belated celebration... minus the margaritas.

Ingredients:
- 8 Flour Soft Taco shells
- 2 cups of shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie Chicken)
- 2 Cups shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 3T Butter
- 3T flour
- 2 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 (4.5 oz) can diced green chillies

Preheated oven to 350 degrees. Shredded my chicken and combined in a bowl with 1 Cup of cheese. Mixed together. 


 Scooped filling into the middle of each Tortilla and rolled up


Placed in a 9x13 glass pan


In a sauce pan I melted the butter, stirred in the flour and let cook for 1 minute. Next I added the broth and whisked until smooth. I cooked over medium heat (stirring frequently) until thick and bubbly.

Added the Sour Cream and Chilies... Do NOT bring back up to a boil as you do not want to have curdled sour cream!

Poured over my enchiladas and topped with remaining cup of cheese.


Baked for 22 minutes and broiled for 3 minutes to allow the cheese to darken.


While I was waiting for my enchiladas to bake I made some spanish rice and guacamole!


YUMMY. Matt loved this dish and thinks that the next time we should make it with the phesant that we have down in our freezer... I will let you know how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment