Thursday, September 15, 2011

Texas Training Trip

Last month I had the opportunity to go out to Texas and Louisiana with work to learn about the training that our amazing troops go through before being deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan.

First stop was Fort Bliss in Texas!









Second day was split with the morning at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio, TX.

We participated in a Purple Heart Ceremony.


and toured the amazing Center for the Intrepid!

The afternoon of our second day was spent in Louisiana at Fort. Polk!







All of the troops in the above photos will be in Iraq or Afghanistan before the end of the year. My prayers go out to their families. This trip was an emotional one for me because my brother is currently depoyed as a dog handeler. I am so proud of what he is doing for our country and the sacrifies that I know not only impact him but also his wife and children!

No comments:

Post a Comment