Wednesday, August 15, 2012

34 Weeks

 
Pregnancy: 34 weeks... Do you know what that means... my bump count down is at 40 days! and that is if I go all the way to 40 weeks! I will be considered "full term" in a short 3 weeks!
 
According to "The Bump" Hunter:
  • Weighs in at about 4.2 pounds to 5.8 pounds
  • Measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches
  • He's recognizing and reacting to simple songs
Sleep: Tossing and turning... finding it hard to get comfortable in the middle of the night.

Name: Hunter Matthew Park

Feeling: Still feeling good... Starting to crash around 3 p.m. and get a second wind around 6 p.m.

Health: Doing well... as far as I know. I have a ton of Braxton Hicks contractions and some pretty bad cramps but that is all typical. We have our doctor appointment tomorrow and there are a few items that I'm looking forward to talking to him about...

1. My epidural didn't work for Emma and while I have been told that they are more accurate now as apposed to 8+ years ago I'm not in the mindset that I just need to be able to do this naturally. So in the childbirth classes I paid much more attention to breathing and relaxation techniques.

2. I want to ask about monitoring. I would like to request to only be on the monitor (confined to the bed) for 20 minutes out of each hour (this is mandatory for INOVA).. the rest of the time I would like to be up and able to walk to progress things along.

3. I would also like Lauretta (the amazing massage therapist from TanFit) to come to the hospital in the early stages of labor (5-7 cm) to give a back massage. The thought is that during one of my 40 minutes when I am not on a monitor we can turn down the lights, turn on some spa music and get a prenatal massage. I think that this would really help with my relaxation and breathing.
Matt is completely on board with trying this naturally and I think that he will be amazing... the only thing that he is requesting is that we play Journey as I'm pushing! But that is my Matt!

Movement: Still a ton of movement!

Belly: All the same as last week... Very light linea negra, and my belly button is poking out a little. Still no stretch marks!!!

Next Appointment: TOMORROW at 34 weeks.

Here are two extra photos of Matt trying out Hunter's Moby Wrap...


No comments:

Post a Comment