I decided that this week I'm going to ONLY make recipes that I have pinned! I feel like I'm always finding yummy recipes and I NEVER MAKE THEM! so for the first night I made Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Arugula stuffed Peppers. Via
I did make a few tweaks however... I added more sausage & more goat cheese then the original recipe called for.
- 3 medium Red bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Package (5 links) sausage of your choice, casings removed
- 8 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 large handfuls of arugula (about 1½ ounces)
- Salt, pepper and/or red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1½ tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until it browns, crumbling with a wooden spoon as it cooks. (If needed, drain the sausage before continuing.)
- Once the sausage has browned, reduce heat to low and stir in the arugula and goat cheese until the cheese has melted and the arugula is wilted. Taste and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Spoon the filling into the peppers and sprinkle each half with Parmesan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the peppers have softened slightly. Serve immediately.