Friday, March 13, 2015

Favorite Things Friday: Cookbooks

For my Favorite Things Friday I want to share some details about some of my truly favorite things... COOKBOOKS

It is no big to surprise to anyone reading this that I'm a fan of cooking but I want to let you in on a dirty little secret... I LOVE buying new cookbooks. Matt thinks I have a sickness and I will fully admit that I have an obsession. In fact this is about 1/5 of my cookbook collection.
 in addition to my cookbooks I also subscribe monthly to Cooking Light Magazine and Cuisine at Home

Now, ff I had to pick my top five it would have to be these. They are the ones that we cook from most frequently.

Ina Garten - Make it Ahead:

There are some great recipes for entertaining within this amazing Ina Garten cookbook. I honestly love all of her books but I'm a huge fan of making meals ahead of time! This is a real winner in my book!

Slow Cooker: The Best Cookbook Ever
Lately I've found myself making dinners in the slow cooker over the weekends so that we can have hearty yummy dinners without spending hours in the kitchen developing all of the flavor profiles. This cookbook is also MASSIVE!

The Bon Appetit: Fast, Easy, Fresh Cookbook
This cookbook inspired the start of this blog and since 2009 it has remained my go-to cookbook! I think that this is a MUST OWN!!! If you do not already have this GO AND BUY IT!!!!

Cooking Together
This is a favorite of Emma's and she weekly cooks from its pages. It means so much that we have time together in the kitchen and I love that she takes so much pride in the meals that she prepares.

Sheet Pan Suppers
Many thanks to Stephanie for turning me onto my newest cookbook! Everything that I've cooked from here has been killer! I also love that with just a minimal amount of prep I can toss something onto a sheet pan and BAM a full meal! After putting the meal into the oven I can get a jump start on cleaning up the kitchen and spend time with the kiddos. BEST PART is that since everything cooks in only one pan I don't have a million dishes to do at the end of the night.

Bottom line is that I highly recommend all of these cookbooks for very different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment