Sunday, March 29, 2015

Gibson Rocks to ONE!

Last weekend we celebrated the birth of our little guy Gibson with a rock star themed party. 

Here are some photos from the big event!

For these cupcakes I used store bought mix, Yellow frosting and little Gibson Guitar Picks on the top! I loved the result and it was sooo easy!  

This was the little sweets table that I set up.

Decorations mainly centered around records... like these small ones that I added instagram images to.

And these records that I turned into a runner for the dining room table.

Made these microphones out of marshmallows dipped in chocolates and sprinkles.

Love the tiered tray that I made out of records and candle stick holders. 

Chocolate covered pretzel drumsticks

I covered the canvas artwork that we typically have hanging in the living room with red wrapping paper and added all of the instagram photos that I took of our little guy in his first year of life!

As guests arrived we had them sign one of Matt's old records. We are going to frame it as a reminder of those that celebrated the first year of his life with us!

Outside we had the bounce house up and I set up this cute little table with records and paper guitars that the kiddos could decorate... admittedly, no one colored a guitar

We also set up the drink station outside... with the addition of this little xbox guitar that I bought the day before at Emma's fun fair. I was sold the second I saw the Gibson logo!

I bought the chalkboard first year graphic from etsy and LOVE the way that it turned out. My only wish was that Staples could have printed it larger... their big printer was broken

Here was the birthday boy!

Here is the cake! I actually bought a red-velvet cake from the store and added a topper that I purchased from etsy.

Birthday boy is ready for his cake!

Hunter wanted to help out

The cake was a bit of a bust. He was not too into digging in.

The record again....

And Gibson opened up one, very special, gift from his daddy! Daddy did this one all on his own and had not fully let me in on the surprise.


WOW a Special Anniversary edition Gibson Les Paul guitar

What a special day for our little rocker man!

No comments:

Post a Comment