Sunday, May 22, 2016

Cooking Recap: The Quick Six Fix and Blue Apron

ALMOST completely stuck to the meal plan this week... with the exception of take out TWICE. Ugh. I worked late one day and Emma had to be somewhere, already fed, at 6 :15 one day so I took the easy way out.


SUNDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Open-Faced Tortilla Breakfast (p.9) 
  • DINNER: Bow Tie Pasta with Mushy Peas, Pork Sausage, and Ricotta (p.79) - not a fan of this one. Felt like breakfast sausage didn't give the dish the right flavor... Next time I would use a sweet or spicy Italian Sausage. 

MONDAY
  • Chowdered Scallops (p.92) - really good! I ended up adding more cream ;-) The only thing that I would have done differently was a better sear on the scallops.  

TUESDAY
  • Seared Salmon and Lemon Aoli with Red Potatoes, Asparagus and Collard Green Hash (Blue Apron)

WEDNESDAY: PIZZA

THURSDAY
  • Seared Pork Chops with Two-Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach (Blue Apron)

FRIDAY: Five Guys 

SATURDAY (Had friends over for dinner)
  • Asian Burger (p.153) 
  • Crispy Fingerling Fries (p.166) - Used regular potatoes that we already had on hand to save some money 
  • Easy Blender Aoli (p.167) - Easy and I will add some herbs next time 
  • Mexican Street Corn (p.188) -- SOOOO AMAZING That I'm going to make this again next weekend! 
  • BBQ Baked Beans (p.194) - Really good and easy 
  • Raspberry Custard Pots (p.203) - Yummy but needed to cook for a bit longer 

I will cook the Almond Fig Roasted Chicken (p.118)  for dinner tonight since I didn't get to it during the week and I have all of the ingredients. 

I was also really good about my snack prep for work this week! Fruit for the morning, PB and Banana Toast for the afternoon, and veggies to eat in the car on the way home! #WINNING

The Quick Six Fix Cookbook has quickly become a favorite! 

And on Blue Apron... I'm not blown away the same way that I was with Plated. I'm going to cancel the subscription. 

No comments:

Post a Comment