Thursday, January 15, 2015

Changes to come in 2015

It might come as a surprise to everyone but I am a bit of a planner.... But I'm currently learning that you cannot plan everything, Sometimes you just need to let things go and trust.

Tomorrow, sadly, marks the end of my time in Joint Staff Protocol. I was detailed there for 6 months, extended for another 6 months, and the last request for extension was denied as the folks that own my billet want it back. (This is something that I fully understand as they pay my salary and I don't actually even work for them...) Anyway, back to Joint Staff,  I have so enjoyed my time there!
The people that I worked for and the team that I worked with have been some of the best and I look forward to continuing my friendships with them long after I depart.

I guess the next questions is "what's next??" AND I'm asking myself that very question. I was in a bit of  denial as my last day inched closer and closer and I didn't really have a chance to plan out my next step. For now I'm just trying to embrace going back to my former home base. They do not have a job sorted out for me yet so for the time being I'm assisting in the Admin office and taking the time to figure out exactly what I want to do. I have a few ideas and I'm finding that I'm at a point in my career where I can take a little bit of time to find the perfect fit. I want something that will allow for me to take on more responsibility, the chance to manage a team, and the opportunity to make real changes in my workplace.

Now as I'm remaining positive about figuring out what is next it does not mean that I don't have my freak out moments where I'm balling to my hubby or close friends... In fact, last Friday I lost my sh*t at the idea that I truly have NO idea what is next for me. In the mean time while I'm sorting it out I just feel blessed that I have a job right now even if it isn't the one I want....

So here is to finding the right fit in 2015 and taking on a job that I can really get excited about. Looking forward to determining if I will remain at the Pentagon or go back to my Party roots.

No comments:

Post a Comment