Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mini Cheese Bites


About a year ago a dear friend, Stephanie, introduced me to these “Cheese Dreams” and I have been making them regularly ever since! 

They are a staple at my house and I am regularly asked for the recipe. After making them once they are sure to also become a favorite of your friends and family too.

  • 2 Cups Finely Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • 1 Cup Butter, Softened
  • 2 T Heavy Cream
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
  • ½ t Table Salt
  • ½ t Dry Mustard
  • Hot sauce to taste
  • 1 Package White Sandwich Bread (I use sunbeam bread)

Beat cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until blended. Beat in cream, egg, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, Dry Mustard, and hot Sauce.

Cut crusts from bread slices; cut each bread slice into 4 squares.

Spread the cheese mixture on a bread square (about 1t); top with another square. spread cheese mixture over the top and sides of the sandwich. Repeat with remaining bread squares.


At this point I like to freeze the mini cheese bites on a  baking sheet and once fully frozen I transfer them to a plastic freezer safe container and they are good in the freezer for up to 3 weeks.
When friends pop by I toss them in the oven at 375 for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

If you want to cook them right away… preheat oven to 375 and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment