Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Cooking Recap: The Bergdorf Goodman Cookbook

This week I cooked from The Bergdorf Goodman Cookbook and I have to say that I have loved every single item that I made!


Sunday, 3 January - 
Cod with Apple Puree and Brussel Sprout Salad (p. 108)... The Apple Puree was KEY!

Bread Pudding with Peaches and Caramel Sauce (P. 168)  ... Would use an Egg bread next time

Monday, 4 January 
Shepherd's Pie... used ground turkey in place of ground beef and it was YUMMY!

Tuesday, 5 January 
Hal's Hot Chili (p.134) ... Didn't take a photo but this was delish. I also had made this dish ahead of time on Sunday which was a blessing because I was sick and would have never cooked if it wasn't already done.

Wednesday, 6 January
Matt ordered Pizza for the Family... I was Super Sick

Thursday, 7 January 
Left overs... Still SUPER Sick. Found out on this day that it was Strep and started Meds.

Friday, 8 January
Beets and Greens Salad (p. 95) ... My greens were not looking too hot so I did the recipe without the greens and it was yummy.


Green Pea Soup (p. 61) ... I have a weakness for a good pea soup and this one hit the spot.

Chicken with Pecans & Orange Zest (p. 118)... Also made a great sweet potato puree for the chicken

Saturday, 9 January
We went out for dinner with Friends but I made this Tortilla Soup (p. 70) for lunch and froze half of the recipe for Matt and the kids to eat next week when I am out of town. 

Sunday, 10 January 
Ribollita (p. 60) ... Made this ahead of time and pulled this out of the freezer for some lunch! Didn't take a photo though.

Banh Mi (p. 142)... Everyone LOVED these sandwiches. They are going to make another appearance in the Park Household...


For being SUPER sick for a majority of the week I cannot believe that I ended up cooking TEN recipes!!!!! It was really all due to the fact that I cooked so much ahead of time on the Sunday before I got sick. Meal prep is key people!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment