Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Cooking Recap: Nordstrom Family Table

Last week I was out of town, for work, and just didn't have an opportunity to Share how amazing cooking from Nordstrom: Family Table Cookbook was!

I mean just look at these great dishes! They are all meals that I plan to make again.
Beef Bourguignon (p. 95) - I made this dish the day before and let the favors really develop. Plus, any recipe that calls for a bottle of Pinot Noir is a winner in my book.

Penne with Bolognese Sauce (p.150) - Everyone in the family loved this dish. I think that it will quickly become a favorite in the Park Household. If you do not like spicy you can always substitute the hot sausage for sweet. I also think that this will be a sauce that I can easily make-ahead and freeze for a meal when I am out of town.

New Orleans Chicken and Andouille Etouffee (p.119) - Matt said this was a perfect dinner.... The only thing that I would add next time would be okra... what can I say I'm a southern girl who loves her okra!

Ahi Tuna Poke (p.27) - This was a little evening snack and my first time making Ahi Poke... I was terrified but happy with the results, I altered the recipe as I omitted the Sesame seeds (didn't have them) and I added an avocado... Next time I would double the amount of avocado. It was also the first time that I fried wontons... easy and yummy.

Grilled Shrimp, corn, and Polenta Salad (p.74) - I altered this recipe a lot... I ran out of arugula, I didn't have polenta, and I added avocado. Still made a refreshing lunch for a Sunday!

Lemon-Scented Risotto with Seared Scallops and Green Beans (p.171) - Made this dish for some friends and had a chance to make the risotto using my new Kitchen Aid Stir Tower. BEST CHRISTMAS GIFT EVER!

The verdict... after cooking from this cookbook for a full week... LOVED it and I cannot wait to make more meals. I think that I will plan to do another week next month!
 

There is also one more meal that I cooked from the cookbook and I plan to do a FULL post on just that meal later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment