Monday, February 4, 2013

Thrift Store: Gold Elephant Box

Yesterday, on the "unofficial" Macklrmore Thrift Shop Challenge  post I shared a little gray elephant that I scored for only 50 cents from B Thrifty in Woodbridge, Virginia (13412 Jefferson Davis Hwy  Woodbridge, VA 22191)


The second I saw the elephant I knew exactly what project I wanted to take on! My spray paint finger was twitching!

Saturday this beauty received a coat of gold spray paint

After just two coats of paint the elephant was looking GREAT!

On Sunday I pulled out this little box that I purchased about 3 months ago from Jo Anne Fabrics for only $5.00 


I removed the hardware


and I stained the box using MINWAX Water Based Wood Stain in Coffee. We had it leftover from a project in Hunter Man's room... This was actually my first time ever staining anything and I am extremely happy with the results...


Currently the elephant box lives in a bookcase in our living room (appropriately holding up some awesome Cheney books) but I think that after I organize our master bedroom the box will ultimately take up residence in there. I plan to use it for remote storage on the table behind my bed.


I cannot wait to get started on organizing and updating a few things in our master bedroom. The space is currently looking a little sad... When I tackle this room as a part of my February goals I hope to have as much success as I did in January with my Kitchen.

This post also shared on:
This That and Life

No comments:

Post a Comment