Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May in review

I cannot believe that May is already over! It went by WAY too fast and I'm really not feeling a sense of accomplishment... Even though I checked off almost everything on the list.

Earlier in the month I set my May Goals as a part of the Simplify 101: Year of Organization.

Here is how I ended the month...
Set Goals for the Month: That is what this post is all about. 

I also set some Blog goals for the month... I was hoping to get 6,500 page views and I am SOOOO excited to say that I surpassed my goal with an amazing 7,117 page views for the month of May! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!

Create some just-for-fun goals for the summer: One of my goals for the is to maintain a good work-life balance. I was able to sit down with Matt and Emma to go over some of our goals for the summer and we came up with a Summer Fun List. I will share more on that later in the week! Let's just say that it will include a visit to the World of Coca-cola in Atlanta after Emma's summer camp. This is a memory that I still remember from a summer LONG LONG ago...

Check your monthly tickler Folder: Done and done

Declutter & Organize your recipes: Big Fail... didn't even give this goal a thought.

Declutter & Organize the Screened in Porch: This project is in full swing... The decluttering and organizing is complete so I am able to go ahead and check this off... at this point I'm just beautifying. I cannot wait to share the full project with you in about another week. Still need to finish the daybed that I'm working on and DIY a coffee table.

Make a list of outdoor home improvement projects you'd like to do this summer: I made a LONG unrealistic list that my sweetie has cut down... it includes power washing (which we didn't do this month), gutter cleaning, and some landscaping in the back of the house. 

Create a summer gear mini zone: Done! I gave our hall closet a little update and I will share our packed pool bag later in the week. 

Celebrate the Mom's and Grandmas in your life on Mother's Day: Was so excited to not only celebrate Mother's Day with my awesome mom but also with Matt's mom and Grandma. It was the first time that they had spent Mother's Day together in over 10 years! 

Document your school routine: Done and done. My mom is a HUGE help when it comes to our school routine and I don't' know how I could ever do it without her!

Get or Make Teacher Gifts: We celebrated our great teachers this month with a week full of goodies! To include a handwritten note from Emma to let them know how much they are appreciated! 

Let go of something that is weighing you down: We had an insurance claim which had not been processed properly after Hunter's birth and, 8 months later, I am happy to report that it has been fixed!!! AND bonus we do not have to pay the $700 that we were being billed! 

Spend some time outdoors having fun! We love this nice new warm weather and we have brought back our evening walks outside and Emma has been going to the pool at a friends house. So much fun! 

Continue Spring Cleaning:  So I did a majority of my spring cleaning list on my own and we also decided to hire a cleaning service and their first cleaning was very much a "spring cleaning" they pulled up all rugs in our house to clean and condition the wood floors and they even re-caulked the tub in the bathroom that we are about to redo... Best money ever spent! 

Power wash house: Not done... When we pulled out the power washer last weekend we discovered two flat tires!!! boooooo!!! So Matt has written into the company (as we just purchased it last year and it is under warranty) and now we wait to see what they come back with... I really hope that it does not take too long to get a response. 

Start Bathroom Reno & A/C repair: This one is also on hold. I got a little bit a head of myself adding this to the list for May. Matt says that we need to clear out the garage first so that we have a workspace... this means that Emma's loft bed needs to be completed as it currently takes up over half of the garage.

Finish Spare Bedroom: DONE!!! Check out the final result here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment