Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thrifted Thursday #5- Homework Station

I'm back with another Thrifted Thursday!

A few months ago I shared that I created a homework station for Emma and I'm excited to share all of the fun details!

I purchased a SUPER ugly green wooden tray from UNIQUE Thrift Store in Falls Church.
 
The cost was only $2.99... so a steal for such a solid piece.

Decided to give it three coats with my favorite gray spray paint (RUST-OLEUM Dark Gray)

I'm in love with the result

I also added a few key homework essentials to the tray...


  • Pencils in a mint julep cup (Also bought this cup for 1.99 at Salvation Army)
  • Pencil sharpener
  • Markers in a glass vase (left over from my wedding)
  • Colored pencils
  • Notebook
  • Extra folders
In the notebook...

 I added calendars to keep track of all assignments and test days.

I also purchased a small box from homegoods for $5.99

It is the perfect size for...
  • Scissors
  • Large eraser
  • Calculator
  • glue stick 

 We love having everything in one place! It makes homework time go so much smoother!

No comments:

Post a Comment