Thursday, February 5, 2015

A year of Gratitude

Yesterday while sharing my goals for the month of February I mentioned starting "A Year of Gratitude".. This isn't something that I came up with all on my own. In fact, it is a kit that I stumbled upon when I was at one of my favorite little shops, in Fairfax, The Nest Egg.


I was instantly intrigued by the idea.
It includes 52 thank you cards with envelopes, a guided journal to chronicle your year of gratitude, and helpful tips on how to write meaningful notes—all housed in a gift box...

What a simple concept! Writing one thank you note every week for a year! There are four key things to make this a success:
  1. Start noticing and listing the things that you are grateful for.
  2. Include things your normally take for granted.
  3. Keep track of the Thank you notes you send each week.
  4. Write down the way your life changes
I've already sent off my first note... and I also sent that person a kit as well (I knew this would be right up her alley!) The note was not to say a thank you for a gift or a kind act that they have displayed towards me... it was more a note to say how much I am inspired by the individuals optimism, even in tough times, and grateful for their friendship.

I'm looking forward to 51 more weeks of showing gratitude for things both big small and focusing on what I do have in life and not on what I don't!

The kit is available on-line but it would also be super simple to just use the cards that you already have! I encourage everyone to write a thank you note today!

No comments:

Post a Comment