Friday, February 20, 2015

Playroom State Artwork

In APRIL of 2013 I purchased some artwork from an awesome etsy shop.... AND we just put them up in the playroom... Talk about getting something off the To-Do list FINALLY!

I wanted something colorful and fun for the basement playroom and I wanted it to represent our family.  The custom watercolors at the sweetest digs co  were perfect. I told the shop owner the states and colors that I wanted and when they arrived I was so happy... I had ordered them as 8x10 and in hindsight I wished that they were a little bigger so that they would POP more on the playroom walls...

Matt is from Michigan....

I am from Georgia...

Our Family is from Virginia!


Since the images were not as big and bright as I originally anticipated I decided to add a fun pop of color with the matting! This was sooo easy!

I bought the RIBBA frames from IKEA (on sale now for only $6.99) and they come with an off white mat to go around your 8x10 image... I broke out some yellow spray paint and BAM instant color!

I love them hanging above the fireplace in the basement playroom! I think that they add just the right pop of color and they are a great nod to our past and present!
 
And this is what happens while I'm taking pictures... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment