Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Southern My Way: Shrimp Burgers


This week I'm cooking from Southern My Way! This is a cookbook that my amazing Sister-in-law gave me a few years ago for Christmas and it is written by one of her closest friends Gena Knox.

Last night I took on the SHRIMP BURGER and it was so good! Even Emma ate it... After a ton of questions about what was inside.. 

Ingredients 

  • 1 pound shrimp, peeled
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
  • 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 4 whole wheat burger buns
  • lettuce and tomato
Directions: 
FIRST Place shrimp into a food processor and pulse until chopped.
NEXT Combine all remaining ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in Shrimp until incorporated.  Using your hands, shape into four equal size patties and refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
LAST In a medium skillet, preferably cast iron, heat oil and cook burgers for about 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned.  Serve on whole-wheat buns with lettuce, tomato. 





1 comment:

  1. That looks and sounds delicious! What a great summertime recipe! I think I'd pair mine with a light salad and a citrus vingerette dressing! YUM!

    ReplyDelete