This week I'm cooking from Southern My Way! This is a cookbook that my amazing Sister-in-law gave me a few years ago for Christmas and it is written by one of her closest friends Gena Knox.
Last night I took on the SHRIMP BURGER and it was so good! Even Emma ate it... After a ton of questions about what was inside..
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 whole wheat burger buns
- lettuce and tomato
FIRST Place shrimp into a food processor and pulse until chopped.
NEXT Combine all remaining ingredients except oil in a mixing bowl and mix well. Fold in Shrimp until incorporated. Using your hands, shape into four equal size patties and refrigerate 30 minutes or until ready to cook.
LAST In a medium skillet, preferably cast iron, heat oil and cook burgers for about 3-4 minutes per side until nicely browned. Serve on whole-wheat buns with lettuce, tomato.