Monday, February 1, 2016

Meal Plan Monday: Cooking Light 2016 Annual Recipes

This week I'm cooking from a GREAT new cookbook that I received as a Christmas gift from my good friend Kim. It is the 2016 Cooking Light Annual Recipes book and I LOVE IT! I plan to cook from this year-round as it is broken up by month. So you can expect to see this cookbook for one week out of every month.

The months are broken down by themes and the JAN/FEB theme centers around Starting your Year off Light!


It even includes a recommended meal plan for the ENTIRE month of January to jump start the year and helpful tips to keep you on track to live a healthy lifestyle.

One of my FAVORITE features though would be the toppers on each recipe that outline if a meal is:
  • Kid friendly
  • Vegetarian
  • Quick & Easy 
  • Freezable
  • Make Ahead
  • Gluten Free 

AND the cookbook gives you nutritional information for each and every recipe... Super helpful if you are trying to eat healthier.

Now that have gushed about how much I love this cookbook and why I think that everyone of you should buy it... here is what I'm cooking this week!

MONDAY
  • Halibut with Balsamic Cherry Tomatoes (p.47) 
  • Radish and Avocado Quinoa (p.44)  
TUESDAY - Out of town so I will make in advance
  • Caramelized Onion Burgers (p.24) 
 WEDNESDAY - Out of town
  • Meal made by a good friend - LOVE my sister wife, Stephanie, who goes above an beyond to help keep my family fed while I'm on the road. SHE IS AMAZING! 
THURSDAY - Out of town so I will make in advance
  • Italian Turkey and Orzo Soup (p.45)  
FRIDAY
  • Left Overs 

SATURDAY
  • Lunch: Butternut Squash, Kale, and Black Bean Quesadillas (p.47) 
  • Dinner: Chicken with Artichoke Pan Sauce (p.33) 
BONUS SNACKS/BEVERAGES
  • Orange-Ginger Fizz (p.27) 
  • Cocoa-Hazelnut Truffles (p.28) 
  • PB and Banana Milkshakes (p.27)

No comments:

Post a Comment