Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break Fun…

Last week was spring break!

Early in Emma’s Kindergarten year I decided that I wanted to take her spring break off. I thought that it was important to spend a week with just her and to just get away from all of our usual craziness. And believe me the beginning of 2010 has been particularly crazy in the Fleming/Park household so the week away was MUCH needed and could not have come at a better time!!!

Emma and I decided to spend our break in Savannah, GA. I was born in Savannah and have wonderful friends and family there so it was the logical place to visit. On Saturday we packed up the car and said good bye to Matt and Virginia for the week.

My mom had rented out the lower level of a historic row house in downtown Savannah for the month of March so we decided to join her for the final week of her rental. The house was across the street from Forsyth Park and Emma and I were able to start each day with a walk to a little café to get coffee and a bagel and we ate at the playground! This was a big change from the usual waking up at 5 a.m. to get to work.

My sister-in-law and niece also had spring break the same week and live in Savannah. We were able to spend time with them daily and the girls were able to take part in some special activities together. Bellow are two highlights:

Horse and Carriage Tour through Downtown Savannah- We had a private tour that came and picked the girls up from the house where we were staying. We decided to keep the girls in the dark and surprise them. When they walked outside and found the horse and carriage waiting they were so excited!ere even able to sit up front with the driver.

Tea- Savannah is the home of a number of tea rooms. We decided to take the girls to the Whimsical Tea Cup. Right when you walk in there is a dresser full of dress up clothes for the girls and books to keep the little ones occupied.


The girls had “Children’s Tea” complete with pink hot coco (warmed strawberry milk). The tea gave me some great ideas for Emma’s upcoming birthday party which will be a Fancy Nancy Tea Party. Here is a link detailing the various places to enjoy tea in Savannah. http://www.savannahmagazine.com/articles/tea-time-savannah-style

For me the highlights were family time, food and some special shopping that I will discuss in more detail in the coming months ;-)

Here are some of the great places where we ate though:

Forsyth park Café - Breakfast each morning

The Mansion - Sunday Brunch

Local 11 Ten - Half price bottles of wine on Monday Nights

Café Zeum - Jepson Center

WANG’s - Yummy Chinese food

Casa de Fleming- Yes, that would be my brother’s house. I think that I ended up eating there 4 nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment