Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Burp Cloths

I'm here today to share with you one of my go-to Baby gifts! Homemade Burp cloths!

When preggers with Hunter I ran across this great MADE tutorial and instantly pinned it on Pinterest. Before Hunter was born I purchased a ton of fabric and cloth diapers to create my own burp cloths for Hunter.

One of the best tips that I have are to actually purchase a set of light flannel blankets (I like the Carter Sets)


These are typically about $12.00 for FOUR blankets and I like that they are all coordinating! It makes for a much more put together gift...

Now for some fun burp cloth making...

Get out your supplies...

Iron your fabrics

Get your sewing machine ready... I use the Brother PC-420PRW Project Runway Edition Sewing Machine that my parents got for me for Christmas two years ago. I LOVE my machine! It is so easy to use and believe me I am a sewing rookie!

Next, I fold over the fabric to make a flat/clean edge and iron down...

I sew that flattened edge on the center of the "cloth diaper", cut the rest of the fabric to form a strip down the middle, fold and iron to form a straight edge.

Sew down second edge and sew top and bottom to the cloth diaper. 
I continue your other coordinating fabrics to make other matching burp cloths... I like to make at least three. 


These always make fabulous gifts... I like to pair it with a diaper cake made out of Honest Diapers and some of Hunter's favorite things! (The burp cloths are in the box on the bottom!)

1 comment: