Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Master Bedroom: The big reveal!

I am so excited to share all of the progress that we made in our master bedroom in the month of February! When I original shared our before images the room was lacking any real personality and I didn't feel like it was a reflection of us.

A master should feel like a retreat and a place that brings you a bit of joy. Especially with a new baby I wanted a space to just breath and feel at peace when I went there at night... I think that for now I have achieved that even if I don't have the furniture of my dreams!

As a recap here is our before... 


and here is our after! 

Yes... after two years we finally have curtains up! These are IKEA curtains and I will be back tomorrow with a quick tutorial on how I made the plain tab top curtains work in our space.


We also finally hung some artwork and photos in our room...



We got a new rug from Ballard Design for Christmas and I FINALLY put it in our room...

I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and painted our IKEA Malm, Laminate dresser. I still need to do Matt's dresser but that will be done soon. Also, still need to add some sweet glass knobs to the front to make it a more custom piece! Full post here.


Our bed also got the Chalk Paint treatment while Matt was out of town one weekend... You should have seen me trying to move the bed around on my own. It was hilarious.

 

With the help of my Dad I switched out our ceiling light fixture... Matt just loves coming home to my surprises..

Hubby closet was organized!

The pull out drawers behind our beds were organized...

The area behind our bed was cleaned up...

Matt's shoes found new homes...don't have a devoted photo of the behind the shoe storage but you can see it in the background of this photo...

 

Shoes that hubby wears frequently are placed in an organizer behind the door and shoes that he doesn't wear as often (cleats, tux shoes, etc.) are in a box in his closet. 


Again I'm extremely happy with the outcome! Here is a little before and after for comparison sake...



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete