Monday, March 25, 2013

DIY Easter Towels

I have an AWESOME craft to share with you today! In fact I think this is my first truly unique idea that I have come up with and I'm pretty excited about it! And if you have seen something like this before on the Internet... DO NOT TELL ME. I would like to stay blissfully ignorant and think that I came up with it on my own!

Here is what I did...

I made some DIY Easter Towels! I know not ground breaking but again I'm excited!

** Side note: I did this with my "Do not use" guest towels in the bathroom. So they are decorative towels only.** Matt hates these towels because their only purpose is to look pretty!

Here is what you will need:

- Two Towels
- 2 pieces of felt
- Needle and Thread
- Hot Glue Gun
- 2 Poof ball... not the technical term but that is what I'm calling them

First get your bunny template from 504 Main... print and cut

Lay your bunny template on a piece of felt

 Trace the bunny with a pen

Cut out the bunny

Get your needle and thread

I am using some of the GREAT Brother thread that Matt bought me when I got my sewing Machine. 

I love that it includes 20 great colors!

Next, I got together my towel and supplies

Placed the bunny in the center

and got my sew on... I did about 10 stitches around the bunny at various points...
 

Goal is to not make too many stitches because after Easter I will cut the thread and remove the bunny easily...

Now for the finishing touch... get your glue gun out and attach your bunny tail...

The end result is SUPER cute and I love that after Easter I can easily remove and the towels will be exactly as they were before!!!

I linked up to the following parties:
Clippie Dips

Watch Out Martha



Sew Chatty

Our Delightful Home


All My Bloggy Friends


2 comments:

  1. This is so cute, Julie! I would keep them even after Easter :-) {I was intrigued by the glue gun until I reached the "tail piece"!} Thank you for sharing at ALL MY BLOGGY FRIENDS Link party !

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!

    It would be wonderful to have you link to Seasonal Sundays. The link goes up at 7 pm on Sunday.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete