Sunday, August 14, 2016

Bacon, Apple, and Onion Grilled Cheese

Wanted to share some details on the epic grilled cheese that I just made!

I was going to go with a plain old grilled cheese but when I had some extra time on my hands (Kids and Matt wanted to pick some blackberries) I decided to fancy things up a bit!

Ingredients: 
  • Bread
  • Sharp Cheddar Cheese
  • Jarlsberg Cheese (my fav.) 
  • Sweet Onion, Sliced 
  • Green Apple, Sliced (ours were fresh picked from the tree)
  • Thick Cut Bacon 
  • Butter, Softened

Directions:

Cut the bacon in half and fry in a pan.

Drain all but 1 Tablespoon of the bacon fat from the pan and add the onion. Cook on med-high heat for 5 minutes, add apple slices, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Butter one side of a piece of bread and add to pan (med-high heat). Layer cheddar, bacon, onions and apples.

Add Jarlsberg cheese and top with another piece of bread, buttered on the outside. Flip and cook until browned to your preference.

SOOO yummy!!!

I'd say that this is the perfect lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment