Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Week 23




{Dress: Motherhood... ignore the bad hair. This was after the pool}

Pregnancy: 23 weeks

Weight Gain: Full disclosure... 15 pounds

Sleep: Going Okay!  I am still waking up a lot in the middle of the night but with my wonderful new body pillow I just roll over and fall right back to sleep!

Health:  My back isn't 100% but doing much better. I think that at my doc appointment this Thursday I will have the joy of doing my glucose test. I've heard that the drink has gotten a lot better which is a relief because when I had to do the test with Emma I yacked and had to drink the drink again...

Feeling: Last night we even experienced some lovely Braxton hicks contractions. Nothing painful just tightness around the belly every 15 minutes for a few hours at bed time. They started around 9:30 p.m. while we were watching Game of Thrones (Best show ever) and I was still having them when Matt finished working at 2 a.m. and came to bed...

Matt has a HUGE work deadline today which meant working all through Memorial Day weekend! NO FUN!

Names: We are down to just a few names... A few people even got veto power last week when it came to picking our little boys name. I can say with confidence that his middle name will be Matthew after his father!

Gender: Still a BOY! We are currently trying to decide if the bedding that we used for Emma will also work for our little baby boy... with a round crib all bedding needs to be custom made so if we decide to switch things up we will need to do so quickly! I might put together a post about fabrics later in the week to see what you all think.
Movement: My "What to Expect" app is telling me that this baby is about 1.5 pounds and 8.5 inches and I can totally feel every inch of him.  Soon I think I'll be able to identify each limb as it sticks out and turns my belly lopsided.  But for now, I'll just continue to enjoy all this moving around before it really becomes uncomfortable!

Belly: Getting bigger. Still no linea negra and expecting the belly button to pop in the next three weeks.
Next Appointment: OB: May 31st!
Non baby highlight:
· So excited that the pool is open and that summer has unofficially started!
· Date night on Friday with Matt. We went out to dinner in Alexandria and to a movie. The Movie was the WORST... What to Expect When Expecting... even when expecting NOT funny! But it was so wonderful spending the quality time with Matt!

No comments:

Post a Comment