Wednesday, August 8, 2012

33 Weeks

Will add a photo later tonight!

Pregnancy: 33 weeks... according to "The Bump" Hunter is:
  • He weighs about 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and measures about 17.2 to 18.7 inches. And he may grow up to a full inch this week!
  • He's keeping his eyes open while awake.
  • He's also starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing.
  • His bones are hardening.
  • He's going through (more) major brain development
Sleep: Waking up multiple times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. Again though I think this is a way that your body starts to get you use to waking up in the middle of the night so that you are ready for baby!

Name: Hunter Matthew Park

Feeling: Feeling good. It feels so amazing to be going though this with Matt. He is such a supportive partner and as we get closer to the due date and my anxiety rises there is one thing that I have no fears of and that is that I will have a supportive and caring partner by my said through it all. I mean the guy has only missed ONE doctors appointment.

Everything is also starting to feel super real as Hunter's room is coming together... at least the parts that I'm in charge of... All of his clothes are washed and put away! Still running a bit behind on the bedding that my mom is making and the distressed wood wall that Matt is in charge of... but if Hunter came tomorrow none of those things would matter and we would be just fine.

In other preparations... Matt and I took a tour of Fairfax Hospital and we have two evenings of Childbirth preparation classes this week... AHHH this is really about to happen.

Health: Doing well!

Movement: Lots of movement still and starting to get a bit painful but better to know that he is inside and doing well! At this stage you are told to do "kick counts" where you make sure that your baby moves up to 10 times an hour... yeah... not a problem with hunter, he will kick ten times in a minute. Yesterday I placed our TV remote on my belly (while we were watching the Olympics) and just watched it dance around... Maybe I will get Matt to record a video.

Belly: All the same as last week... Very light linea negra, and my belly button is poking out a little. Still no stretch marks!!! One change however is that the belly is starting to get itchy as the skin is making some final efforts to stretch out and make a little more room for Hunter. Currently 43 Inches around!

Next Appointment: 16 August at 34 weeks.

Highlights of my week:
  • Baby shower was last Saturday! It was so wonderful to celebrate Hunter with family and friends! The theme was (of course) elephants and I cannot wait to share photos.
  • Did a family/maternity photo shoot on Saturday up in Maryland. Our amazing wedding photographer Cherie Cullen did the shoot and I cannot wait to see the outcome. Of course it was 95 outside so hopefully the photos don't show how hot and sweaty we were!
    • On a side note... Cherie will also be with me in the delivery room for Hunter's arrival! She is going to take all the baby photos of his birth so that Matt can just be there for support... plus Matt isn't that great with a camera... but I didn't just say that.
  • Sophie is growing and learning so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment