Friday, November 28, 2014

Beyond Thankful!

I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! It was great spending the day with my little family and my parents came over for dinner... It as all very low key but of course that didn't stop me from spending the whole day in the kitchen!

We decided to have Pheasant as our bird in place of the traditional turkey. My Dad recently went Pheasant hunting in South Dakota so it was nice to eat a few of his birds. Plus with so few people to feed and a big old Ham we didn't need a large turkey!

Here was our menu...
This was also the perfect time to pull out some of the chafing dishes that my sweet hubby got me for our last anniversary. 
Let's just say that when he commits to buying something that he tends to go big... We only used 1/4 of the chafing dishes yesterday... Because OF COURSE everyone should have 15 Chafing dishes... That is a whole other post though....

Here are a few things that filled those dishes...


I'm going to do a full post on the Carrot Soup and Brussel Sprouts with Bacon later in the week.. YUMMY!!!

Now to the serious stuff... I'm most Thankful for the fact that we were not in the hospital for this Thanksgiving! 

This little guy had everyone worried for the last few weeks with a dip in weight and NO gaining for 3 months. He was down to the 1st Percentile... Doctors were throwing out threats of hospitalization and G-Tubes (a feeding tube that is surgically placed in the stomach). We were given one week to get him up in weight... with some force feeding and a MASSIVE amounts of calories he was able to gain and we were able to keep him home. I'll do a full post on Monday for his 8th Month but I just wanted to stress what a THANKFUL family we were yesterday...

P.s. - Gibson LOVED Thanksgiving!!! He was a mess after the meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment