Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Meal Planning: The Quick Six Fix

A high school friend recently tagged me in a post about The Quick Six Fix Cookbook by Stuart O'Keeffe.

As the cover boasts the cookbook includes "100 No-Fuss, Full-Flavor Recipes." The concept is that each recipe calls for SIX, or fewer, ingredients (outside of staples) with SIX minutes of prep and SIX minutes of clean-up.

Full disclosure, I was all set to cook from a different book this week and has planned out my menu... that was UNTIL The Quick Six Fix showed up at my house. The second I flipped through the pages I knew that I had to get cooking!!! Here is what is on the menu for this week:

MONDAY
  • Chicken Risotto (p.106)
TUESDAY 
  • Ten-Minute Coconut Shrimp Curry (p.93) 
WEDNESDAY
  • Cider Pork with Broccolini (p.131)
  • Crispy Fingerling Fries (p.166) with a Blender Aioli (p.168)
THURSDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Blueberry Kick Smoothie (p.20) 
  • Cider-Braised Chicken (p.114)
  • Creamed Brussels Sprouts
FRIDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Lemon Chili Avocado Toast (p.10) 
  • Port-Marinated Skirt Steak with Roasted Grape Tomatoes (p.148)
  • Velvety Smooth Mash (p.165)
  • Chorizo Roasted Brussels Sprouts (p.185)

SATURDAY 
  • BREAKFAST: Speedy Gonzales Eggs (p.13)  
  • Angel Hair, Shrimp, Tomatoes, and Lemon (p.70)
EXTRAS
  • S'Mores 2.0 (p.207) 
  • Black and White Croissant Bread Pudding (p.211) 
It was SOOOOO hard to do the menu planning because I literally wanted to cook EVERYTHING from this cookbook. If these recipes taste as good as they sound/look I will be cooking from this on a regular bases!

No comments:

Post a Comment