Monday, May 16, 2016

Monday Meal Planning: The Quick Six Fix and Blue Apron

I'm actually hone ALL week and in terms of cooking this week I'm going to switch it up a bit...

After hearing so many positive things I'm going to give Blue Apron a try this week. We have two meals coming today... I'm interested to see the quality and ease of the meals but initially I have to say I'm not yet impressed. We have been a Plated family in the past and one of the things that I like most is the variety of meals that you can pick from and so far with Blue Apron I dislike that you can only pick between four dishes.

Outside of the two days that I will be using Blue Apron I'm going to be cooking from The Quick Six Fix again.

Here is the plan for the week:

SUNDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Open-Faced Tortilla Breakfast (p.9) 
  • DINNER: Tagliatelle with Mushy Peas, Pork Sausage, and Ricotta (p.79) 
MONDAY
  • Chowdered Scallops (p.92) 
TUESDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Lemon-Chili Avocado Toast (p.10) 
  • DINNER: Seared Salmon and Lemon Aoli with Red Potatoes, Asparagus and Collard Green Hash (Blue Apron)
WEDNESDAY
  • DINNER: Seared Pork Chops with Two-Cheese Mashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach (Blue Apron)
THURSDAY
  • Almond Fig Roasted Chicken (p.118)  
  • Sweet Potato & Broccoli  
FRIDAY
  • Asian Burger (p.153) 
  • Crispy Fingerling Fries (p.166) 
SATURDAY
  • BREAKFAST: Goat Cheese Scramble (p.18) 
  • DINNER -- We are having friends over for a cook out 
    • Sticky Ribs (p.138) 
    • Mexican Street Corn (p.188) 
    • BBQ Baked Beans (p.194) 
    • Raspberry Custard Pots (p.203) 

No comments:

Post a Comment