Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Drama of the Playroom Rug

I was starting to get frustrated and I was feeling like I would never find a good rug for the playroom.

The rug currently in the space is this old Pottery Barn Alphabet Rug


It was the rug from Emma's old nursery and while it is cute and very playful it just does NOT fit with the colorful room that I want.

So off I went to search for a colorful rug... and my search was a LONG one! I feel like I searched all my usual places... Rugs USA, Overstock, Target... and found NOTHING that fit what I had in mind.

After searching for a few weeks I finally at the IKEA website and found TWO options...



I loved the colors and playfulness of the big button rug and I liked the cut outs on the second... So on Monday (Labor Day) I packed up the kiddos and we headed to our local IKEA (about 15 minutes away) to see the rugs in person.... FAIL.... the first rug was out of stock and the second rug felt like SUPER ROUGH felt (not comfy for the knees of my baby). I felt deflated after so much searching.

But I am happy to report that my luck has changed! While looking through Zulily today to see their daily sales I found the PERFECT rug...

I LOVE THE COLORS and I love that it would also look great in Emma's room should we decide to switch it up one day. It is just the right balance of play and sophistication! Also, at only $179.00 for an 8x10 rug!!!!! SCORE! I will now have to wait about two weeks for it to arrive but worth the wait and I'm happy that my search has come to an end!

VICTORY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! I like that first one for a craft room. It looks like a bunch of buttons!

    ReplyDelete