Thursday, September 26, 2013

DIY Growth Chart

The second favorite thing that I made for Hunter is his Growth Chart!


Started with a piece of wood...

Broke out my water Based MINWAX in Coffee.

I applied the stain with an old white t-shirt.. below is after one coat... I did three total 


After the stain was dry I carefully painted the sides of the board a lime green that I had used in Hunter's bathroom. I love the extra pop of color and personality that it adds to the piece.

Next I used a tape measure to mark every foot 

Pleased Number stencils at the appropriate places and painted.

After that I got out my handy Sharpie Paint marker in Black and outlined the letters and marked each inch...



I love the outcome!!!

Only thing that I purchased specific to the project was the piece of wood for $6.00... everything else I had on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment