Saturday, February 27, 2016

8x8 Cookbook: Recap

Last week I cooked from the 8x8 Cookbook that I had been given for Christmas and I have to say that I am a hug fan.

A few times I even doubled the recipe so that we would have enough for leftovers/lunches the following day.

Here are all of the yummy dishes that I made:


MONDAY: Honey-Glazed Chicken with Root Vegetables (p.7) -- I doubled the recipe for this one and used boneless-skinless chicken thighs in place of drumsticks. SOOO perfect! This would be a great meal for company

TUESDAY: Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini (p.21) --Made this the night before up until the point where you put it in the oven. I knew that we were going to have a lot going on this afternoon so it was nice to know that the meal was mostly ready. Everyone loved this meal... It was a lot like a stuffed pepper but with yummy zucchini!

WEDNESDAY: Hot Ham and Cheese Sliders (p.27)-- Gibson had physical therapy this night so it was so easy to assemble before the therapist came and I just popped into the oven after she left... be sure to buy DILL pickles, as the recipe calls for, I accidentally bought bread and butter pickles. EWWW. Next time I would add more cheese and  use a honey mustard.

THURSDAY: Leftovers for the family while I was out saying good-bye to a friend that is taking the plunge and moving to California!

FRIDAY: Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Apples and Couscous (p.25) -- I love a combination of pork chops and apple! WINNING... I used Israeli Couscous. 

SATURDAY: Roasted Cod with Gremolata and Lemony Orzo (p.37)-- Made this when we had company. It was really yummy... forgot to take a photo though. SAD FACE... but here are some pretty flowers that I arranged for the table.

We had leftovers on Sunday to clear out our fridge before we went out of town to Colorado for the week!!! Photos from the trip tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment