Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Kiwi Crate Review

A while back I signed up for Kiwi Crate for Hunter and I have to say that I was extremely impressed with the service and would HIGHLY recommend (Hint hint it would make a GREAT gift)
 

 
Within the box there are two main activities that revolve around the theme of the month. The theme for this box was glowing animals and Hunter had a glowworm friend and racing jellyfish to make.
 

Below the theme introduction that you see above there was a little welcome note and some scissors to use with this box and for future boxes... I thought that this was an extra special touch.

Below the scissors there was a booklet with activities and lessons that enforce the theme of the month.

and now for one of the activities...

I love that the box is split in two sections with a colorful instruction booklet on the top of each side which provides all of the details for the activity along with details describing parental involvement, etc. and materials under the instructions.

We decided to make the glowworm friend...

The box came with everything that we would need... Hunter was VERY excited about the markers...

He helped stuff the cotton into the fabric tube to form the worm body...


After the worm was stuffed it was time to color...


Mom... why do you keep taking photos????

He also liked coloring on the other sheets included.


I think that he really enjoyed his first activity...

Here were the instructions for his glowworm.

After we finished the worm we held it up to the light and went into a dark room to see it glow... this concept was a bit over Hunter's head.

Overall, I was very happy with the crate. My first thought was that while Hunter had a great time crafting the worm and completing other activities... the actual theme of the box was over his head and too old for Hunter Man. Which isn't surprising because the crate is intended for kids ages 4-8 and Hunter is only 2...

WHICH IS WHY I'M SO EXCITED about Koala Crate which is a NEW subscription option for kids 3-4... When it was revealed I instantly sent an e-mail to Kiwi Crate asking to change my subscription to the box catered for younger kiddos. Hunter should be getting his first box in the mail within the next week or two and I will be sure to share it with all of you.

** Please know that I was not compensated by Kiwi Crate in any way for this post. All thoughts are 100% my own and I just wanted to share with all of you as it would make a GREAT gift for a kiddo!

No comments:

Post a Comment