Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Living Room Sofa Update

So I wanted to give you all a little Living Room update now that Camden(That sis the name of our sofa) has been around for over a month...

As a re-cap, I purchased this sofa from Joss and Main. It was a 90" sofa that had an original retail price of $1695 but on the discounted furniture site for only $691. It seemed like too good of a deal to pass up and my fingers and toes were crossed that the gamble of purchasing a sofa on-line, sight unseen, paid off!

Well...

He looks really nice and he goes well with my AMAZING and super comfy chairs...


I love the color and the nail head detail... 


HOWEVER.... the sofa is SUPER hard... I've been letting the boys jump on it in the hopes that it would loosen the stuffing... no luck yet...
My main beef with the sofa is that I feel like they MAJORLY cut some corners when making it... I'm a realistic mama of three and I KNOW at some point something is going to spill on this bad boy... and try as I might I will not be able to get the spot out... so I will need to flip a cushion...


OR NOT!!!




That's right people! The fabric does NOT cover the entire cushion!!!! The linen material ends and there is a black nylon fabric! It isn't something that I would have EVER thought to ask about! I just assumed that the fabric would be the same on all sides! NOT THE CASE.

Do I have regrets YES... but we are going to make the best out of the situation and live with the sofa for at least the next year and eventually we will invest in another sofa and I will move this one to our play room.

Lesson of the day folks... NEVER buy a sofa that you do not see in person first!!! I had a few people provide that same advice and well... I didn't listen!


 A few other things that I hope to tackle in the next year in this room...
  • Updated entryway light
  • Paint
  • Updated curtains
  • Fireplace built out with a larger mantle
  • new coffee table  -- Want Matt to make me this!

A few years down the road... We plan to redo the floor in a darker/wider wood, updated larger floorboards, and stain beams to match the darker floors.

1 comment:

  1. Yep it's not a good idea to not get to see what you're getting in person before you buy. There is a lot that goes into quality furniture that we don't realize that make the difference. At least at this price point you won't cry too hard if it gets soiled or such. It would look great as an office piece too!

    ReplyDelete