Monday, August 17, 2015

Fresh Every Day--- Sunday Pot Roast

Last night I made a super yummy dish as a part of my weekly meal plan where I'm only cooking out of Fresh Every Day. I love a good pot roast on a Sunday night and my parents even came over for dinner.


Full disclosure this was the best pot roast that I have ever made.


 INGREDIENTS:
  • 3 lb beef chuck roast
  • 2 T Olive Oil
  • 1 Large Onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges 
  • 6 Carrots, Cut into 2-inch pieces
  • 6 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
  • 6 Fresh Rosemary Sprigs 
  • 1 C Dry Red wine
  • 4-6 C Beef Broth
  • 1 pound Fingerling Potatoes 
DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 325

Season Roast with salt and pepper on all sides

Heat oil in large dutch oven. Add the roast and brown on each side (about 2-3 mins per side). Transfer roast to plate and set aside 

Add onion, carrots, and herbs to the pot that the roast was cooked in. Cook, stirring often, until onions are soft.

Add Roast back into pan

Add the wine and enough broth to almost cover the roast.

Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover with the lid and place in the oven to roast for 2 hrs 30 minutes.

Add in the potatoes and cook for another 40-60 minutes. 

p.s--- Cooking purple potatoes makes me feel fancy...


Transfer to a dish and serve! YUMMY YUMMY...


I also made some surprisingly delish smashed peas...


And awesome roasted pears!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment