Monday, March 24, 2014

39 Weeks Preggers with Baby #3

How far along? 39 weeks! Grrr I was hoping to have this little guy at 38 weeks (when I had Hunter) but he is still holding on for dear life... I must make one comfy home.


Total weight gain/measurements: 37 lbs

 
Maternity clothes: YES and I'm 100% over it. There are limited items that I can still wear and feel comfortable in and let's just say that style has gone out the door at this point. 


Stretch marks? One little 1" stretch mark. With Hunter it disappeared right away and I hope that this is the case again this time around.


Sleep: Contractions are strongest in the evening and they tend to keep me up past midnight and even when I do go to sleep I wake up at least twice to go to the restroom and every time that I turn in the middle of the night I have to wake up Matt to help me roll over because I'm in so much pain... My hips just feel completely out of joint.


Best moment last week: Making it to Emma's Fun Fair! I was happy that I could help out again this year and as always Emma had a blast! 


Miss anything? SLEEP!!!

Movement: Starting to run out of room in here! EVICTION NOTICE!

 
Food cravings: Loving Clementines. Really any juicy cold fruit! 


 Anything making you queasy or sick?Nope

Gender:BOY!  GIBSON ROBERT PARK 


Labor signs / Doctor Update: Went to the doctors today and I'm currently at "about" 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced... He also went ahead and did something to "encourage" the little guy to make his appearance. ear muffs if you don't want to hear about what he did... My membranes were stripped... Many doctors and midwifes will strip your membranes in order to help avoid induction later. 

It basically does two things: 1) it can help get your cervix kicked into gear (effacement and dilation) and 2) it can help weaken the bag of waters. I'd much rather have this simple little procedure done than risk needing pitocin or other interventions in an induction. Pitocin causes intense contractions that will be VERY hard for me to get through with a natural childbirth. With this procedure the doctor says that I will likely go into labor in the next 24 hours. I also did this with Emma and she arrived 21 hours later! 

Let's see if Gibson will pay attention to his eviction notice!



Symptoms: Hip and back pain, lots of acid reflux, and those amazing contractions.

Belly button in or out? "m an outie




Wedding rings on or off? On!

Happy or moody most of the time? Emotions are so much better! I finally feel like I'm in check and I'm finally starting to look forward to the addition of out little man. Before I was looking at his arrival with fear and now I'm looking at it with joy. I'm not sure if it is a hormonal thing but I'm happy to have more balance when it comes to my feelings. 
 
Looking forward to: No longer being preggers! The doctor has said that it will be this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment