Sunday, October 7, 2012

Getting into a groove

So with a little one at home I have felt a little out of sorts this last month but my goal for this week is to get into a new routine. Maybe by new desire for some structure is due to the fact that I actually had a GREAT nights sleep last night. Total 6.5 hours!!! YAY!

I've been pretty good about still cooking and keeping up with laundry but I would like to be a little more structured. So... today I'm going to plan our menu for the whole week and go grocery shopping! To keep things organized I'm going to create a daily Park Family Plan on PowerPoint which will detail our meals for the day, a to-do list for the adults, and a checklist for Emma's chores. Here is an example:


This week is going to be a bit unique as we have HOLLY'S WEDDING!!!

For my menu each week I've decided to pick one magazine or cookbook and cook all meals out of that for the week. This week I will pick dishes from the October 2011 issue of Cuisine at Home.

Monday:
Red wine & cola braised Short Ribs
Tuesday:
Meatloaf w/ Barbecue Glaze, Smashed Red Potatoes, and green beans

Wednesday:
Crusted Chicken with Almonds & Sage, and Squash & Parsnip Hash

Thursday (I will make ahead so that we can reheat after the Wedding Rehearsal)
Turkey Pie w/ mixed green salad
I am going to also try take pictures each day and post about the meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment