Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Top 10 items at 4 weeks

After 4 weeks of newborn bliss I'm ready to breakdown our top 10 items which make our life just a little easier.

1. MamaRoo swing! We love this swing and it is the only reason that we have still managed to have nightly family dinners. Dinner time is a special time in our house where we hear about Emma's day and answer questions from Table Topics.


2. Lansinoh Nipple cream. This is a great product for two reasons. First, it was a savior right after Hunter was born and without it I'm not sure that I would have been able to power through and continue with breastfeeding. Second, we use this for diaper rash. It is a 100% natural product and works wonders.

3. Honest Newborn Diapers. These diapers are SUPER cute and all natural/eco-friendly. We plan to use cloth diapers but until Hunter grows a little more we are using these diapers.


4. California Baby Shampoo. I used this product with Emma and loved it so much that there is nothing else I would use on Hunter.

5. Peg Perego SIP 30/30 car seat. This car seat is great and used all the time. We love to take Hunter on adventures and this car seat goes easily from the car to the stoller and the entire package is just so easy to use. I would highly recommend this seat along with the Peg Pergo Switch stroller... p.s.- I have last years model and found it at Homegoods in Savannah for only $150. I've probably been into homegoods 100+ times and I've only seen this one stroller ever in homegoods. It was like it was meant to be! Matt thought that I was crazy to go down to Savannah only 5 weeks pregnant and that I came home with a stroller but he is now in love with it also and so happy that I made the purchase. We were also no blessed to get the car seat as a gift.


6. Aden + Anais "Mod About You" Muslin Swaddle Blankets (4-Pack). I received these blankets as a gift from my WONDERFUL sister-in-law (She swears by them) as a baby gift and we use them EVERY DAY. They are the perfect weight and I really like the large size. I never go anywhere without one of these blankets.


7. Carters baby boy layette. Now in the past I have been a baby clothes snob. Emma only wore Gap and Janie and Jack items but with Hunter I swear by carters! Especially in this newborn stage! The prices are great and clothes are so comfy and easy. I feel like all of the elephant line was made just for us and I am so happy that we have a lot of the pieces in 0-3 months also.

8. Moby wrap. Matt was the first person to like the wrap and after my first use I was won over as well. It makes Hunter feel comfy cozy like he is still in my belly. I cannot wait for Hunter to get a little bigger so that we can try different ways to wrap him up.



9. Exercise ball. Not a traditional baby item but it is Matt's go to for calming the baby. Matt will hold Hunter in his arms and bounce up and down on the ball gently. Hunter likes the movement and Matt likes that he does not have to walk around (what I do). I of course bought the ball to exercise after baby... haha... at least someone is using it.
10. Xoom. my tablet is often times my savior at our 4/5 a.m. feeding. Playing solitaire is the only thing that keeps me awake. At this feeding my mind is not alert enough to handle something more stimulating like a book so playing a game distracts me just enough to keep me up. For daytime feedings I'm able to read a book, check my e-mail, and stalk blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment