Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Stitch Fix

After a fun lunch out with a girlfriend I came home to a box from Stitch Fix!!!I was so excited to receive my very first Fix! If your not familiar with the company/concept...

"Stitch Fix is the first fashion retailer to blend expert styling, proprietary technology and unique product to deliver a shopping experience that is truly personalized for you. Simply fill out the Stitch Fix Style Profile and our personal stylists will handpick a "Fix" of five clothing items and accessories unique to your taste, budget and lifestyle. Simply buy what you like and return the rest"

About a month and a half ago I signed up and took an on-line style quiz and I was SOOOO excited to see what was in my very first box! 


First I pulled out a little note from the stylest and a style guide to direct me to different ways to wear the items in the box...
 

My initial thought was that all of the items were SUPER casual... but of course I had stated that I need help with casual clothes to wear on the weekend... I feel like either I'm all dressed up for work or I look homeless... So I really needed help to find a stylish point in the middle. 

The first thing I pulled out was the Ally Teardrop Stone Bangle... LOVE!!! I'm not usually one to spend $88 on jewelry but I really do like this piece and I knew before even putting it on that I would be keeping it! After all I get a $20 discount for my first order so really it would only be $68.00... that is lady logic (in case you were wondering)

Now for some major selfie time... that sounds gross... what I really mean is that I tried on all of the clothes in the box and took photos to share... 

First up is the Striped Maxi Skirt... in the jersey material it was sooo comfy! And I like that I could just toss on a tank top and necklace and look pulled together. It is still a little tight so don't judge me in that area! I just had a BABY peeps... I'm working on it! 


Next we had the Under Skies Mixed Print Belted Dress... When I fist saw it in the package I HATED it... the print was just not me and nothing that I would ever pick out in a store to try on... But I put it on and I don't hate it. Again it is a little tight but I was surprised that I actually liked the print on. It was a fun mix of patterns and floral.... only issue here is that I cannot breastfeed in this dress... so is it worth it???

The last two pieces I tried on together... a Splendid tank and Just Black Distressed Boyfriend Jeans... The tank I like but it is $64.00... worth it? It sure does hide that post baby belly!! LOVE that! 

The Jeans are a little TOO distressed for me... But I loved that I fit into the size I did! I wish that Stitch Fix had a way to exchange for the same style with less ripping. I guess I could just go and buy directly from Just Black... or should I just embrace the super casual look??

So here is the breakdown...

Bangle: $88
Jeans: $88
Splendid Tank: $64
Maxi Skirt: $58
Print Belted Dress: $68

TOTAL: 366.

I automatically get $20 off on my first order... and If I were to keep EVERYTHING I get an additional 25% off all items ($86.50 off)... this would bring my total to $259.50


So help me out... what should I keep and what should I send back??? Only have three days to decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment