Monday, February 2, 2015

I HEART: Birch and Barley

Matt's Mom and her sweetie were in town last week and we were LOVING having them around and seeing them interact with our kiddos! They live up in Michigan so it is a rare treat to have them around for a whole week.

We had a little belated Christmas...


As much as I know they really only come to see the kids... we also wanted to take them out for a nice dinner in D.C. while they were here! So.... the other night we took them to Birch and Barley! It was my first time and I was a fan. The highlight, for me, was the yummy bread!
 
I had the Pan-Seared Icelandic Cod
House Polenta, Vincotto Beets, Baby Carrots, Romanesco, Marconas, Preserved Lemon
 
We shared a Fig & Prosciutto Flatbread with Gorgonzola Cremificato, Caramelized Onions, Port Reduction

Matt's mom had the Ricotta Cavatelli with Crispy Pork Belly, Mustard Greens & Stems & Seeds, Chili Flake, Rosemary. -- It was one of the best things I've ever eaten and if we were to go back I'd order it for myself!

I'm also interested in their "FEAST" where they butcher a whole suckling pig and have beer pairings with each course! Maybe I will have to coordinate this for something special for Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment