Sunday, March 1, 2015

Simplify 101: February 2015 Recap

So here were my goals for the Month of February

And here is how I did....

COMPLETED:
  • Set goals for the month: Nailed it on the very first day!! See above :-)
  • Get Paperwork organized for Tax time: I started a folder so that we have a dedicated spot to put documents pertaining to our taxes as soon as they come in. I think that I am going to ask Matt to tackle the taxes this weekend because March is going to be craziness for us!
  • De-clutter your medicine Cabinet: Sweet hubby actually did this one for me! Admittedly, after he was pissed that he couldn't find the tips for the ear thermometer! 
  •  De-Clutter and Organize Master Bedroom:  I was so ashamed of the mess that was lurking below our bed... so last night I pulled EVERYTHING out, purged/put things away, and ran our robot under there! So happy with the end result. I also re-organized the space behind the bed and the drawers in our headboard. 
  • Scheduled my Annual Doctor Exam: Done and Done
  • Planning for Summer: I've started this process. We know that Emma will go to Camp Winshape again this year and we are just waiting to determine her Dad's schedule to determine when we might go to Michigan and to enroll her in other local camps.
  • Create Valentines for Hunter and Emma: Full stories Here and Here We still need to make the rest of Emma's hand warmers but I was not able to fix my sewing machine on my own so I might need to take it somewhere... another to-do for the weekend as I need to be able to sew for the boy's room. 
  • Let go of something weighing me down: Didn't do Hunter's Birth Certificate but I DID return Emma's violin from when she played LAST YEAR. Yes... we were renting and YES... I did pay for an additional 8 months after she quit... 
  • Move the Boys into the Same room: I mentioned here that we were going to move the boys into Hunter's current room. So I searched all over Pinterest for inspiration and I settled on a Target headboard for Hunter's twin bed. I'm happy to report that the twin bed is up and I have moved the full bed into Gibson's Old room and the crib into Hunter's. Last night was their very first night together in that room and I'm so excited about the merge. More photos to come earlier next week... We still have a lot to do in the space but they are together...
  • Make a point to spend time with old friends: Success!!!
  • Start a Year of Gratitude: I've successfully made it through my first Month and I love the weekly Monday ritual of sitting down at my desk and just taking a minute to reflect on something that I am grateful for. What a wonderful way to start out my week!

AND NOT SO MUCH... 
  •  Taking my lunch to work: I maybe took lunch three times this whole freaking month... Big fail
  • Going to the gym or running 4 times: NOPE... there was one really nice day and we went for a family run. But that was it in terms of exercise.
  • Car organization: I have a lot of the BS out of the car and I did take it for one car wash in February but what I really need is an oil change and a good old vacuum
  • Organizing the Linen closet: Didn't get in there to purge items and refold/organize but I'm okay with that... not a huge priority on the old to-do for the month.
  • Make a Bench for the bottom of the bed: So I found the plans that I want to follow... they are printed and I have the paint and fabric... so we are somewhere in the process at least. 
  • Touch-up paint in Master Bedroom: The paint and brushes are out... just need to actually paint. Maybe tonight while watching tv before bed.
Be sure to check back in tomorrow to see my March Goals... I'm already getting started on a few of the items today... it is the first day of March after all!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment