Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Gibson Update

First I would like to say THANK YOU for keeping Gibson in your thoughts and prayers. Last week at his 4 month appointment we discovered that our little guy was not gaining properly despite eating VERY well.

I went back to the doctor yesterday for my weekly weight check with a nurse and he is currently at 13.9 oz this was 1.5 oz up but due to the fact that I had just fed him before taking him in they really think that the "weight gain" was just my milk in his belly not yet digested. SOOOO... they are classifying this week as a no gain week. (They had been hoping for at least 5 ozs.)

We take him back next week for another check-in with the nurse... if there is still no weight gain they are going to start to run a few tests. I will also be bringing in some pumped milk so that they can test the fat content... but I already know that it will come back with a nice high caloric content and don't for a second think that my milk isn't fatty enough.

He continues to be a happy little guy though!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment