Friday, August 15, 2014

Savannah Visit: Cooking

Last weekend I had the opportunity to take a few days off work and I headed down to Savannah with Gibson. The original plan was to fly but when I got the news (last minute) that my flight had been cancelled I took to the road and we drove!

Driving alone with a 4 month old isn't my idea of fun but it was important to get down there for a Saturday visit with my brother so I couldn't wait for the next direct flight. As a plus, it allowed for me to take a few more items... like his mama roo which was helpful to have around while I was cooking and painting...

The weekend consisted of a nice visit with my brother, church, lunch out, cooking and preparing of a lot of freezer meals, and I painted my nephews bedroom! A very productive weekend!

A few of the meals that I made were:

The BEST Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas - With only 4 ingredients these are SOOOO easy and yummy! I made this meal for dinner one night but made some extra of the filling and placed it in a freezer bag along with flour tortillas for my sister-in-law to cook up on another night.

My Sausage, Goat Cheese, and Arugula Stuffed Peppers: Another easy and tasty meal. So easy in fact that, under my direction, my 8 year old niece did all of the cooking for this meal! 

Creamy, Tomato and Spinach pasta: I made this one as a freezer meal. Placing uncooked pasta in a freezer bag, Added a freezer bag of uncooked (frozen) shrimp, and pre-cooked the sauce and added that in a freezer bag. Placed all three items into one bigger bag with cooking instructions on the outside. (Directions: Cook pasta. Thaw, shell, & Cook shrimp. Add sauce to shrimp and heat through. Add pasta to shrimp and sauce mixture. DONE)

Chicken, Broccoli, Rice Casserole: this is one of the freezer meals that I did before Gibson's Birth. I decided to to a half recipe and it ended up being MUCH more manageable! 


Sausage and Zucchini Casserole: This is such a yummy and flavorful dish! So easy! 

Plum Pork Tenderloin: this is a crock pot meal

Next Tuesday I will be sharing my before and after of my nephew's room!

2 comments:

  1. I made these yummy enchiladas after work this week. My kids had a blast helping me grate the cheese and roll the tortillas. We used a Mexican cheese blend because my kids don't love spice (boo). Everyone loved them! I will definitely make these again.

    ReplyDelete