Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sewing Machine Cover

Yesterday I shared my new sewing station


And under the table you could see a little sneak peak of my newly covered sewing machine!

I wanted for the machine to be easily accessible but also to blend in with the surroundings so I covered with some left over fabric from my DIY headboard.


First I measured the cover of the sewing machine and cut the fabric to size.

After cutting the fabric down I sewed all of the sides.

After cutting down the fabric and sewing the sides, I grabbed some burlap ribbon that I had on hand and cut Four 18" strips

Each strip of ribbon was fastened to the edges of the fabric with a push pin. about 3 inches from each of the edges.

The ribbons were sewn into place and I simply draped the fabric over the machine, tied the burlap bow in a ribbon, and snipped the edges of the ribbon.

Love the result! and this was an easy 5 minute project!
Pinterest Power Party
Fidlin' Fridays Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment