Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Best Ever Breakfast Sausage

I LOVE the Rosemary and Mustard Breakfast Sausages from my awesome bon appetit fast easy fresh cookbook. (I LOVE this cookbook and in fact was why I started writing this blog!)


Anyway... the sausage is so yummy and has become a default breakfast item when we have guests over. Like the other brunch Items I'm sharing this week you can make this ahead of time and freeze.

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 Medium Onion, Finely Chopped
  • 1Teaspoon Chopped Fresh Rosemarry
  • Package (16 oz) Bulk Breakfast Sausage (I use Jimmy Dean all Natural)
  • 1 Teaspoons While Grain Mustard

DIRECTIONS

Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and add onion and rosemary


Saute until onion is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
 

Transfer onion to a mixing bowl and add sausage and mustard.



 Mix gently

Form into 2 inch patties

At this point if you are making for another day you place the sausage patties in the freezer. I freeze on a baking sheet for 1 hour and after frozen through I place in a freezer safe container that seals. 

When you are ready to cook the sausage... remove the sausage from the freezer and set out at room temperature for 30 minutes. Place rack at lowest position and preheat oven to 500. Bake the sausages until just cooked through, about 12 minutes.

Transfer sausages to paper towels to drain. Arrange on the platter... Below is a photo of both the sausages and the bacon that I made... so YUMMY!!! Sorry that I didn't get a better photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment