Friday, January 10, 2014

Brunch Cold Items and a Yummy beverage!

I know I'm a day behind... such a slacker!

Today I'm going to share some of my favorite yummy items that are served cold or at room temperature for brunches.

Greek Yogurt, Fresh Berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries), and Granola
For my Greek yogurt I'm actually REALLY  picky and for the longest time would only buy Chobani Vanilla Greek Yogurt but I have found the best money saver... the GIANT brand vanilla Greek yogurt. In fact I like it even more and it is typically $2-1.50 cheaper! For granola.. I'm  a huge fan of the Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola and I typically get it a COSTCO but it is also available on Amazon



Mini Muffins
I went with the easy way out on this one and used pre-made mixes from the grocery store. My go to brand is Krusteaz and I find them to be most like homemade and they actually contain some of thef fruit listed on the box... 
For this shower I made three different muffins (Wild Blueberry, Cranberry Orange, and Banana Nut). I was very careful to make the Banana Nut muffins last to make sure that no other muffins were contaminated with a nut product and I used a different mini muffin cup for them so that it was clear to any individuals with a nut allergy which muffins to stay away from. I also made an announcement that it contained nuts.

Bagels, Cream Cheese and Lox

I also served this classic breakfast/brunch dish. With Thomas Bagel thins, Whipped cream cheese, some smoked salmon and capers. Now this is not a dish that I'm a fan of but surprisingly the salmon went fast!

And now for a SUPPER YUMMY beverage!!! I failed to take any photos of this but Christine, an attendee, managed to snap a few shots and made the below collage...


You can see from the lower left photo that I had a beverage contain and I filled it with Ocean Spray Whit Cran-Peach juice and some frozen peaches.

I made sure that everything in the beverage container was alcohol free... as we were celebrating my preggers bestie Holly and there were other ladies that were also pregnant.

I also has a large silver ice bucket that was full of yummy bottle of Prosecco and Sparkling Apple cider so that the original peach drink could be "enhanced". It was SUPER yummy and I liked that guests could customize what they wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment