Thursday, February 14, 2013

Master Bedroom: Hubby's Closet

Yesterday I shared our new rug for our Master Bedroom and today I am happy to share Matt's closet.

Just a little background... We only have one standard sized closet in our master and it belongs to my cute hubby, Matt. because I get ready so early in the morning it does not make sense for me to have my work clothes in here... Yes, I'm thoughtful like that and get ready at 5:30 a.m. in another room so my hubby can sleep... You're welcome Matt... 

In true Julie fashion I didn't take a proper before picture... but just imagine a closet with two HUGE plastic bins stuffed inside and crap... I mean very important stuff... just thrown on the closet floor...

My first task was to pull EVERYTHING out of the bottom of the closet... Things that didn't belong were put in their place... because we truly have no need for three sleeping bags in out master closet...

Here are a few things that I did to make this space more functional...

I covered some cardboard boxes with craft paper and chalk labels... The cost for baskets can add up and this was an easy and functional way to use supplies that I already had on hand... This alone probably saved me at least $20.00. The two boxes hold extra shoes that Matt only uses occasionally (cleats, golf shoes...) and some running items that Matt uses when he does his long runs...


We have a SUPER annoying air duct that goes through the closet and it takes up a good 12" space... I attached a command hook to the air duct and used that to hang a backpack... 


We added three oil Rubbed Bronze hooks from Home Depot for robe storage


Here is the finished product... With only spending $15.00 (on the hooks) the closet it looking MUCH better and it is SOOO much more functional! P.S... Matt's summer clothes that had been previously hanging out in front of the closet were also put away!!! YAY... that only took two months... 

No comments:

Post a Comment